Windows Vista Internet help

thetrugtarhero

:confused:
So... I successfully installed windows 7:cool:, and it runs much faster than xp. this is the problem though: the computer i installed 7 on is an hp pavilionzd7000, and there are buttons at the front next to the screen. one of the buttons is to fully enable the wireless connections, and when using windows 7, i am unable to fully enable the wireless by pressing the button. normally, it lights up when it is enabled, but when running windows 7, the button is black, and not lit up. the laptop is designed for xp, but i want to know if i will be able to enable the internet on my laptop. thanks for any and all help.

So... I successfully installed windows 7:cool:, and it runs much faster than xp. this is the problem though: the computer i installed 7 on is an hp pavilionzd7000, and there are buttons at the front next to the screen. one of the buttons is to fully enable the wireless connections, and when using windows 7, i am unable to fully enable the wireless by pressing the button. normally, it lights up when it is enabled, but when running windows 7, the button is black, and not lit up. the laptop is designed for xp, but i want to know if i will be able to enable the internet on my laptop. thanks for any and all help.
This Laptop is not compatible with VISTA and therefore NOT with Win 7 Beta:(. You don't have the driver for its wireless card and hence your problem with the Wireless indicator. I don't know what other devices in your laptop lack proper drivers.

HP has only Win 98, ME, win 2000 and WinXP drivers for this laptop

You will see a lot of devices missing or with a ? or !on a yellow background with an Other Devices entry in the Device Manager . You can verify that by:

1. Right-click Computer>Properies>Device Manager
  2. In Device Manager click View menu and make sure Devices by type has a dot by its side
  3. Scroll down under Computer for the device groups listed alphabetically with a + (plus sign) of each to click and expand for Device Names.
  4. Look for Error symbols for devices without proper driver. I expect that by the side of + Network adapters> your Wireless adapter-Broadcom-WLAN Netwoork adapter
If you are desperate you may go to Download.Cnet.com and click Drivers [Left pane]and look for Broadcom-WLAN Netwoork adapter driver for VISTA x32 and try; no guarantee it will work as in most cases you must get drivers from the manufacturer of your laptop.
Hope this answers your question.
Good luck.

Last edited:
thanks, i did figure out the problem with the drivers, since i have many drivers that need to be installed... ill try going on with an ethernet cable, but if that doesnt work, thanks anyways.

thanks, i did figure out the problem with the drivers, since i have many drivers that need to be installed... ill try going on with an ethernet cable, but if that doesnt work, thanks anyways.
Thank you for your followup post. Good luck with Win 7 Internet Setup :)

Back
Top Bottom