Windows 7 Internet Randomly stopped working on one computer.

wildilwh09

Hello guys.

I was playing League of Legends, whilst on Skype to some friends and my internet randomly stopped. I checked to make sure all the connections in my "TP-Link PA411KIT AV500 500 Mbps Powerline" where secure, and tried my "D-Link" dongle to make sure my power line wasn't faulting.

The dongle couldn't find any networks and the internet is working fine on my laptop "I'm using it". So I've came to the conclusion that it's my computer software, and struggling to find a working answer an Google I came here.

Any help much appreciated.

Thanks. Lee.

Hi Lee: I'm a little confused here; TP-link and D-link are 2 different wireless device companies. Are you using 2 different wireless devices in the same computer (is it a laptop or a desktop computer?). If you are using 2 different wireless devices in the same computer, try using only 1 device at a time to troubleshoot. Try the "d-link" device first. There are known problems with TP-link and their drivers are not well written at all. If the "d-link" wireless device doesn't work, replace it. If the TP-link is your only wireless device, replace that with a reputable brand device such as linksys, netgear, or EnGenius. Since the TP-link drivers aren't written very well, they don't play nice with other software. If you've installed any new software recently, especially gaming software, they are probably conflicting with the TP-link drivers. Updating the drivers from TP-link's website didn't fix the problem I had with them.
LUCK.
BIGBEARJEDI :computer:

Any help guys, I would really like the internet to revise for my GCSE's.

Back