Windows 10 Interpret SFC /scannow results

Ed1944

My W10 Pro PC is running good at the moment. I decided to run system file checker, and got these results:

Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them. For online repairs, details are included in the CBS log file located at windir\logs\CBS\CBS.log. For example C:\Windows\\Logs\CBS\CBS.log. For offline repairs, details are included in the log file provided by the /OFFLOGFILE flag. PS C:\WINDOWS\system32

I don't know how to interpret this, or what to do. Is it important since PC is running very well?

Basically what the message said. You'll need to look in the CBS log file to determine why it couldn't replace the corrupted files

You could try a dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth and then try sfc /scannow again.

Since my computer is running very well at the moment, I assume those defective files aren't too important. On another thread someone advised that a future update may fix them. In any case, if I have future problems I may opt to perform a reset of the machine. I've done that in the past and it always worked out well.
Since having an operating computer is very important, I recently purchased an RCA Viking tablet, running Android, although I'm much more familiar with Windows. I thank everyone for their assistance.

Back
Top Bottom