Windows 10 Interpret SFC /scannow results

Hermitkrab

Honorable Member
At this time, my PC W10Pro). I decided to run system file checker and came up with this result:

Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them. For online repairs, details are included in the CBS log file located at windir\logs\CBS\CBS.log. For example C:\Windows\\Logs\CBS\CBS.log. For offline repairs, details are included in the log file provided by the /OFFLOGFILE flag. PS C:\WINDOWS\system32

I don't understand any of this. Is it important? Should I be concerned since the PC is running well?

At this time, my PC W10Pro). I decided to run system file checker and came up with this result:

Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them. For online repairs, details are included in the CBS log file located at windir\logs\CBS\CBS.log. For example C:\Windows\\Logs\CBS\CBS.log. For offline repairs, details are included in the log file provided by the /OFFLOGFILE flag. PS C:\WINDOWS\system32

I don't understand any of this. Is it important? Should I be concerned since the PC is running well?

I run sfc/scannow and the application repairs or replaces any corrupt files it finds and never had an instance it could not repair. I also run it as an
administrator and maybe that's why.

I did run it as administrator. I've run SFC in the past and it usually either repaired files, or didn't find any needing repair.

It's possible while you were on the net , that spyware or a virus was placed on your computer and that could be the reason that some files could not be repaired. I have heard that some of these programs may not detect malware.
Perhaps someone else may offer something more then I can.
What kind of programs do you use to warn you of bad websites? I use McAfee Live safe and it does a good for me.

Back
Top Bottom