Windows 8 IP Adress Changing

pawii

sir i use my laptop at my home and at my office too
and at both places there are different ISP so all the time i had to change the IP of my lappy when i am at home or when i am at office because of different ISP
sir is there a way so that i can auto connect without changing the IP
is there a software or some other settings which i can use so that i dont have to change my ip all the time at home and office too

I suspect you have static, i.e. fixed addressing on both connections.

If you want a dynamic network connection at home and a static address for use at work, go to the Network and Sharing Center > Change adapter settings (in the left pane) > Right-click or press and hold the connection, click or tap Properties at the bottom > and scroll down to Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) and double-click or double-tap it. Click or tap the Alternate Configuration Tab > Put a check in User configured and fill in the rest of the details. The General Tab refers to dynamic addressing (DHCP), set this up first.

Last edited:
can you show this to me image by image??
because aal i see after double clicking ipv4 there is advanced option instead of alternate
then there is option of adding dns subnet and gateways
am i going right or m i missing somewhere??

Attachments

• aa.txt
    235 bytes · Views: 400
When you are connected at work, open a Run window (Windows Logo key+R), type cmd /k ipconfig /all (note the three spaces) and press Enter. Make a note of IP Address, Subnet Mask, Default Gateway and DNS Server(s), which have to be keyed in to create a static IP address. Consult your network controller if you have any difficulty.

Setting up the home dynamic connection is easy, just select Obtain IP and DNS Addresses automatically.

Back
Top Bottom