Windows 7 IRC and Event Viewer Logs Indicating Possible Network Issue

Dadda

Guys,

I'm currently having an issue with my Win7 64 bit Pro computer.

Transfers to other computers on my network is slow and sometimes the icon in the taskbar shows that it's disconnecting and reconnecting. I've also noticed that uploads to the internet are either slow or just never complete as the network keeps resetting.

I've also noticed in the System Event Viewer, for the past hour:

- 355 Service Event Errors ID # 7036 (4439 occurances in 7 days); and

- 177 for Service Event Error ID 7042 (1165 occurances in 7 days)

ID 7036 messages alternate between:

The TCP/IP NetBIOS Helper service entered the stopped state.
and
The TCP/IP NetBIOS Helper service entered the running state.

ID 7042 has messages reading:
The TCP/IP NetBIOS Helper service was successfully sent a stop control.
The reason specified was: 0x40030011 [Operating System: Network Connectivity (Planned)]

The other event message which occurs a lot is event 8033 which has 207 occurrances over the past 7 days. It reads:
The browser has forced an election on network \Device\NetBT_Tcpip_{180E5F8A-7005-4484-A0D4-553607321AC0} because a master browser was stopped.

Does the screenshot here http://i989.photobucket.com/albums/af12/Mad_Max_1412/IRC.jpg indicate a conflict on IRQ 16. If so, would that have an impact on these disconnections.

I believe this might be the underlying cause of my slow transfer speeds to my NAS box getting worse as time went on. When I first installed Windows 7, I was getting very good transfer speeds with the occasional slow one, but now I rarely get a good connection on my LAN.

I've installed the latest Realtek Network drivers from the Gigabyte (motherboard) site plus disabled the unused NIC connector.

Back
Top Bottom