Windows 7 Irregular BSOD Problem - Acer Aspire with Pentium P6200

Acrophis

Hello W7F members.

I'm getting BSODs at irregular intervals and while using various different programs, with no real pattern involved. One thing to note is that I use the Adobe CS5 suite very often for work.

I have attached a RAR with all system information and required CPU-Z screens/RAMMon details.

If there is any other information you need then please let me know. I would greatly appreciate any help on this matter as it is eating into my work time.

Thanks and kind regards, Ivan.

Attachments

• Seven Forums - Acrophis.rar
    1.5 MB · Views: 231
Hi Acrophis, One thing that was quite obvious is your bios. It needs updating. Also are you running SP1? Looking from the dmp file it appears not. Please run your windows update application to get your latest updates. Lastly your drivers could do with updating. You can download bios and drivers from here: Download

Hi Acrophis, One thing that was quite obvious is your bios. It needs updating. Also are you running SP1? Looking from the dmp file it appears not. Please run your windows update application to get your latest updates. Lastly your drivers could do with updating. You can download bios and drivers from here: Download

Hello kemical.

It appears that I'm unable to make windows update work. It is set to update automatically and manually checking for updates simply does nothing with no error message. I will do the drivers later on as I'm at work right now. Do you have anything to note about updating my BIOS? It seems like a risky procedure so I don't want to mess it up.

Thanks very much for your help.

Try downloading the standalone version which can be found here: Download: Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2 Service Pack 1 (KB976932) - Microsoft Download Center - Download Details .

The page is a little confusing so I've arrowed the download here:

sp1.jpg

As for the bios, if you check on the Acer drivers page or bios page look for either instructions or an app which will perform the task for you.

I managed to solve the windows update situation over the weekend and basically installed every update from the beginning of time. Therefore I'm going to hold off on the BIOS update and see if I'm still crashing since then. Thank you very much for your help so far. I'll let you know if there are any more problems.

Back