Windows 7 Is it possible to delete a network

Howard Walker

Honorable Member
I have had so much trouble getting my win7 / xp network to work. On the pre release version, I just ran the wizard on my xp machines and they could talk to the win 7 one with no problems. Talking the other way took some time to solve, but it eventually worked.
Now I have the paid for release version, and again it was easy to set up the network.
Then the updates started coming, and I now never know whether my network will ever be working.
On the xp machine, the win7 one does not show, but I can access all the win7 files.
On the win7 machine, I cannot see the xp machine at all.
On my xp lap top I can access files on both the other machines.
All machines can access the net via my BT Home Hub.
It changes daily. The IP addresses of both machines seem to change, but I cannot ping one from the other

Is there any way that I can delete the whole mess and start over - or is this not possible?

Solved!

By a stroke of luck I went into the Network and sharing center. I clicked on the name under my network, which was called MShome (I have a computer running XP home edition) and changed the network to a public one.
This came up with warning messages and asked me if I was sure. I said no, and changed it to a work type network. It installed another process. After this, all computers of all varieties were visible on all machines, and I can now read and write to all necessary places.

Just my old HP 960C to get running on the xp machine from the win7 one. No proper drivers exist for it though HP are doing their best to help.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom