Is this possible than turning on oven make a 1 second power outage in home? ( playing diablo 1 )

sew333

Hi.Have an question. It is possible that when turning on oven make a 0,5-1second power outage,without tripping fuse or breaker? I ask because when my mother in kitchen turned on oven,diablo 1 crashed to desktop on my old laptop. Nothing get tripped etc,lights not. So it was coincedence that game crashed in this moment or not?

Laptop not restarted i just saw STEAM icon like always and desktop ,when i back.

Event viewer said that:"A timeout was reached (30000 milliseconds) while waiting for the Steam Client"
"the service did not respond to start or control request timeline fashion "

Also i was on balcony in this time.

ps:
Diablo 1 is from GOG not steam.

if i run the washing machine my second screen drops in & out during the spin :cool:

how can i be sure that was caused by oven ? I mean maybe something in event log? But laptop not crashed only diablo 1 go to desktop and that thing in event viewer. Also laptop is not on battery.

Laptop not restarted i just saw STEAM icon like always and desktop ,when i back.

Event viewer said that:"A timeout was reached (30000 milliseconds) while waiting for the Steam Client"
"the service did not respond to start or control request timeline fashion "
This looks to me like a network hick up, your laptop missed an answer from the server for 30000 milliseconds / 30 seconds / .5 minute.
And yes it could be caused by noise from a starting oven, every device being switched on or off causes noise, specially motors, but you never are sure.

An electric oven can draw some serious amperage, even if everything is working properly. If your panel is old, this can compound things. You could put an ammeter on the circuit to determine this, but sometimes this behavior is intermittent, so while you may prove it, you can't definitively disprove it. If your panel is Federal Pacific, it most likely is at fault. Federal Pacific was a very popular brand in the fifties or so. They went out of business because their breakers caused too many fires. There are still thousands of their panels in use.

If You use a program that helps choose a preference and set aside normal use it can cause problems

Last edited:
Back