Windows 10 Is this safe way to secure mobo cpu socket pins? I sell mobo

sew333

Hello. I am selling Asus Z170-P to other person.

I do not deal with folding computer I ordered service of random pc technican. I call him. He go to my home and re plug mobo from case. Problem was that this black cover was not able to insert to secure mobo pins. I dont know why. He was trying to insert black cover but cover was hard to plug again. So he use piece of light white toilet paper /like tissue. This is the screen? Is this safe or i must rma him service ? Thanks

asd.jpg

He was trying fitting the protective plastic case but he cant do that. So he use toilet paper to protect. And what to do now. Remove this and order servive or more better technician or just send this?

Of course nothing get damaged yet.

erm the socket protector, should just drop on and then the locking mechanism applied. I wouldn't ship like that

socket proctetor not drop easily. i dont know why he cant. So to not use force and not bend pins he use this tissue.
Buyer of mobo know about this. Said that i can send to him mobo. Anyway i call to boss of this servisant and he said that socket protectors are disposable. But this is lie?

Open retention bracket, push the plastic shielf into it from underneath and then carefully close and secure it.

in any event paper is not a good idea... it offers no protection to the pins and could leave bits behind after it is removed

I would pack the mobo into a box and use packing (paper if you have nothing else) foam on the outside of the bag because that can't end up all over the board.

I guess in a way they are disposable but it wouldn't be a good idea to throw one away in case you needed it again.

Every intel motherboard manual I've seen states to keep the protector as it's a requirement for shipping and RMA requests.

Every intel motherboard manual I've seen states to keep the protector as it's a requirement for shipping and RMA requests.

My point exactly.......

Last edited:
Hello. I am selling Asus Z170-P to other person.

I do not deal with folding computer I ordered service of random pc technican. I call him. He go to my home and re plug mobo from case. Problem was that this black cover was not able to insert to secure mobo pins. I dont know why. He was trying to insert black cover but cover was hard to plug again. So he use piece of light white toilet paper /like tissue. This is the screen? Is this safe or i must rma him service ? Thanks

asd.jpg

He was trying fitting the protective plastic case but he cant do that. So he use toilet paper to protect. And what to do now. Remove this and order servive or more better technician or just send this?

Of course nothing get damaged yet.
The technician did a complete disservice to you by doing this. No one on this forum or anywhere else will ever tell you that they would recommend putting TOILET PAPER over your CPU socket to protect the socket pins. It makes absolutely no sense. What you should do is remove the toilet paper and send the thing back to the owner. If he wants to accept it with toilet paper on the pins, let him accept it that way, but you should really never use this PC repair service again. This is one of the most unprofessional things I've ever heard of. I would ask him what qualifications and/or certifications this person had who put the toilet paper there. What a disgrace. If you haven't gotten a refund yet, I would request one.

Back