Issue with an email sent by this site

Status
Not open for further replies.

VicVicVic

Hi, I am not sure where to post this, even after checking around the entire forum for a good five minutes.

Today, I received an email from this site, with the subject of "Windows 10 is upon us! Free public release is imminent!!!"

The email starts with "Dear B14CKH4WK," and later on states, "Welcome back, B14CKH4WK."

The problem is that B14CKH4WK isn't my username. I searched for that user and found this profile page. I looked at the sole post that B14CKH4WK wrote in 2009 and am positive I did not write that.

I just figured I should point this out, just in case there's a bigger issue or if other members are receiving emails with the wrong usernames attributed to them.

Apologies regarding the incorrect email. I'm sure there has been a mistake somewhere and efforts are being made to rectify this.

It is a bug in our mass e-mail script for sending out these types of alerts, and since we haven't used it in awhile, it appears there are some kinks left to be worked out. This script acts independently of the rest of our system. Since this e-mail was already sent out, there is not a lot we can do about it, but it will be fixed in the future. Thank you so much for letting us know and apologies for the confusion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom