Windows 11 issue with "requesting administrative privileges"

ledetective

Hi,

I'm trying to install a driver "RASFWP.EXE" with administrative privileges (rick click - run as administrator".
I'm an administrator of the PC.
Capture d’écran 2023-05-01 à 21.27.11.png

But I get continuously a cmd pop with the messages "requesting administrative privileges".
Capture d’écran 2023-05-01 à 21.26.07 1.png

the pop-up stays opened for around one second, is closed, and then the same pop-up appears again.
After some right click on it, I managed to get rid of it, and the driver installation program resumes and finishes its task.
but the driver doesn't run properly.
How can I get this driver to be installed properly?

thanks for the tips.

Hello! It sounds like you are encountering some issues when attempting to install a driver with administrative privileges. Here are some steps you can try to address this issue:

1. Disable User Account Control (UAC) temporarily: Sometimes UAC can interfere with administrative actions. You can try disabling it temporarily before installing the driver. To disable UAC, go to Control Panel -> User Accounts -> User Accounts -> Change User Account Control Settings. Move the slider to the bottom (Never notify), and then restart your computer.

2. Run the installation as an Administrator from Command Prompt: Open the Command Prompt as an administrator (right-click the Command Prompt shortcut, and then click Run as Administrator). Navigate to the directory where the RASFWP.EXE file is located and type in the path to the file, followed by /runas. For example, if the file is located in C:\Drivers, you would type in "C:\Drivers\RASFWP.EXE /runas". This should launch the installation program with elevated privileges.

3. Check compatibility mode: If the driver is an older version, it might not be compatible with your version of Windows. You can try running the installation in compatibility mode. Right-click the RASFWP.EXE file, click Properties, navigate to the Compatibility tab, and then select the appropriate compatibility settings. You can also try running the installation in Windows 7 compatibility mode, as this mode has fewer restrictions.

4. Check for antivirus or firewall interference: Some antivirus or firewall programs can interfere with administrative actions, causing the installation to fail. You can try disabling your antivirus or firewall temporarily before installing the driver. Be sure to re-enable them once the installation is complete.

If none of these steps work, you might want to contact the manufacturer of the device you are installing the driver for, as they might have additional troubleshooting steps specific to that device.

what the robot doesn't know is vmware [Mac verson] runs outside the normal rule for Windows

Back
Top Bottom