Japanese Fish Dangerously Contaminated By Fukushima

whoosh

Cooler King
Staff member
Premium Supporter
With measurements of iodine 131 and the much worse cesium 134 isotopes detected at 7.5 and two million times past their “regulated levels” and contaminated water pouring into the Pacific Ocean, this was inevitable: the fish are contaminated too.
The Bulletin of the Atomic Scientists reports that The Ibaraki Fish Association has picked up high amounts of both isotopes in specimens, prompting the Japanese Ministry of Health and Welfare to “[assemble] an advisory committee to establish safety standards for radioactive contamination”, as no such standards currently exist. As for TEPCO, they’re considering building a fence in the ocean.
Japanese Fish Dangerously Contaminated By Fukushima | Gizmodo Australia

Sea contamination is a source of concern now.

Tokyo Electric Power Company (TEPCO) detected a very high contamination level of iodine 131 (800,000 Bq per cubic meter; this is 7.5 million times the regulated level) and cesium 134 (120,000 Bq per kilogram; this is 2 million times the regulated level) near unit 2.

That just cannot be correct all this time they have been telling us not to panic .
Now we hear the fish in the sea are contaminated . I thought it was just a few thousand gallons of contaminated water that would cause no long term problem .
Maybe I had got there message wrong but don't panic was what I kept hearing .

Back
Top Bottom