Windows 7 Keep windows resized

sirloyne

Banned
I keep my Windows Explorer re-sized so that it takes up the right half of my screen and from top to bottom, to make things easier to drag and drop stuff from my desktop or thumb drives. However, every time I open windows explorer, it's still on the right side of the screen, but I have to stretch out the top and bottom. Every single time. Is there any way to make Windows 7 remember windows sizes as well as locations? I still have an Aero theme running. Is that the problem? I've gone to the control panel and into "System" and turned 90% of the useless "wow factor" off, things like "watch me take twice as long to close because I'll do it in a slow transitiony way". I still need the Aero crap running because sometimes I watch something on Netflix, and because Microsoft was trying to increase sales of Vista, they created and then paid Netflix to use Silverlight, which doesn't support v-sync and requires Aero to handle video tearing. I guess they thought everybody would drop XP and get Vista so their Netflix would work again.

Edit: I didn't add the hyperlink to the word "slow". I wonder how it got there?

Last edited:
Still no reason why Windows 7, being 4x bigger, using 4x more memory and to some people 4000x better than XP can't remember how big a window was... like XP can? I've also found that if I stretch the window to top and bottom, maximize the window and then restore it down again, Windows 7 still can't remember how big it was. Never mind starting from scratch. I'm talking about click maximize, click reduce. That's too much for the super-duper Windows 7. I've tried with both windows explorer and 2 alternatives and still nothing.

Found the answer. I had to disable Windows Snap. Just one more example of how Windows 7s useless flash makes things harder.

You would probably happier if you went back to XP.

You have no idea. The problem is that the laptop i bought doesn't have any drivers available for XP. I miss doing everything I want, how I want and when I want on my own computer. At least I have 2 desktops that are XP, so I can still do things my way on those. "I'm a PC and windows 7 was in no way what so ever my idea."

Edit: I didn't add the hyperlink to the word "drivers". I wonder how it got there?

Last edited:
There are plenty of XP laptops on Ebay. Sell yours and get one of those. You'll probably save money.

There are plenty of XP laptops on Ebay. Sell yours and get one of those. You'll probably save money.

Between installing Classic Shell to replace that horrible start menu, replacing windows explorer with Link Removed due to 404 Error, (finally I can organize my 500+ music folder by letters of the alphabet instead of A-H... that was fun), turning off all the useless glitz and glam, and turning off Windows Snap what I'll eventually end up with is an extremely crippled version of XP that takes up 4x the space.

Back