Windows 8 Kernel Data Inpage Error

nostos156

Hi,

Recently got a laptop, and freshly installed W8 on it, as well as taking out the HDD that came with it and putting in my 128GB M4 SSD that I used previously for my desktop (so knew it was working fine).

However, I have noticed on a couple of occasions so far, if I close the lid to put the laptop into sleep mode, upon awakening the computer sometimes the BSOD of KERNEL_DATA_INPAGE_ERROR will pop up. Since my SSD was working fine on my desktop, I don't think it is a HD problem, but I have attached all the revelant logs (I hope)

Thanks.

Attachments

• W7F_25-04-2014.zip
    527 KB · Views: 914
Code:
*                        Bugcheck Analysis                                    *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 7A, {fffff6e0009400a0, ffffffffc000000e, 8c3b5880, ffffc00128014010}

Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt! ?? ::FNODOBFM::`string'+1ecfd )

Followup: MachineOwner

Code:
ERROR_CODE: (NTSTATUS) 0xc000000e - A device which does not exist was specified.

DISK_HARDWARE_ERROR: There was error with disk hardware

Hi,
all the dump files sent reported the same bugcheck as above. If you haven't already try setting the storage controllers to AHCI instead of SATA or IDE. Also check if your SSD is in need of a firmware update:
http://www.crucial.com/support/firmware.aspx

Driver wise you look in good shape so see how you go with the above and I look forward to your reply.

Hi, looking at the BIOS it seems AHCI is already set, so I will try the firmware update now.

Back
Top Bottom