Windows 10 Keyboard lag, releasing "W" to walk forward still makes me walk forward.

Katib

So i sometimes FPS games and get this problem with it, in fact this problem is with any game i need to use "W" to move in. When i press W i move forward but when i let go it still makes me move forward for a short period of time, it depends on how long I press W. If i press it for a long time then it will keep moving forward for a while but if I don't use it for a long time it would go forward as far. I'm sure its some input lag from my keyboard but its mainly in every game I play, I don't have many lag problems in terms of ping and same for FPS, but yet it still occurs. If you can give me some insight on how to fix the problem and possible solutions then that would be wonderful. :)

Thank you

Have you eliminated latency completely (i.e. does this happen in single player games)?

Also what is the make/model of your computer?

Have you eliminated latency completely (i.e. does this happen in single player games)?

Also what is the make/model of your computer?
I cant say that its gone away completely but it hasn't occurred with games as of this month, i'm on a wireless connection and get around 30 - 40 ms daily, 2 other computers are connected to the network and they show no latency towards their games which is why i'm assuming its my laptop that only has this problem.

You can test your keyboard with this. Simple little keylogger that will log your keys while this program has focus. If you press a key and see more than 2 events then something may be wring with your keyboard. If you hold a key down you will see a bunch of KeyDown events.

Attachments

• KeyTest.zip
    4 KB · Views: 629
You can test your keyboard with this. Simple little keylogger that will log your keys while this program has focus. If you press a key and see more than 2 events then something may be wring with your keyboard. If you hold a key down you will see a bunch of KeyDown events.
Alright so i tested it out, i pressed my W key down for 10 seconds and then released but continued to go on for another second or so. this only occurs with the W button as far as i'm concerned. I further pressed it for 30 seconds and had a 5 second delay. Any suggestions on what i can do to solve this?

I would say it's probably a faulty keyboard. I would get another one and test.
So i connected a USB keyboard and after waiting 30 seconds and pressing W the input lag did not occur, although this is a solution, is there anything i can do to keep using the same keyboard except repairs otherwise i would stick with the other keyboard. I'll see if i have I can update the drivers for my keyboard if i can and I will post an update

Doubtful it's probably a mechanical problem with the keyboard, so unless you can fix that I'd say a different keyboard is your solution.

Doubtful it's probably a mechanical problem with the keyboard, so unless you can fix that I'd say a different keyboard is your solution.
I guess i am going to need to stick with another keyboard unfortunately, all the drivers are up to date but thank you for the help.

Back