fnel

Hi,

I got this problem that's been going on for quite some time. When I log in to my desktop, the keyboard just spams a single key, "f" uncontrollably like it is being hold down. It goes like this... ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff.
It's not always the "f" key. It can be any key. Sometimes it happens in the middle when I'm typing. As an example, "So when i type my words gets cut off like thisssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss".

My keyboard keys aren't stuck because it never happen before until windows 8.1 upgrade. I thought once when windows 10 releases, it would get fixed, but I guess not. This also happens when I went to go into lockscreen mode. It just does the same thing over again. It prevents me from logging back in since it just spams a single key forever. I already tried unplugging my keyboard and replugging it back in; It didn't work. Changing keyboard didn't work.

The only way I temporarily fix it was to completely shutdown my pc through holding down on my power button. Rebooting didn't fix it because it just repeat the process. I ran a scan using malwarebytes, but there's no virus or any malware detected.

The issue doesn't happen all the time, just randomly or when I incurred going into lockscreen mode.
If there is a fix for this, this would help me a lot. Thanks!

Hi You might try going into device manager and see if there's a update for the driver. You could also uninstall and let Windows find a driver. I'm thinking there may be a up date. If you need help with this, let me know.

Nope. It's not the driver. Everything is up-to-date.

Hi I recommend searching your Manufacture . What is the make and model of your computer??
Drivers are the main problem when up grading to W10! Did you uninstall the KB from device manager and then restart and let Windows find the driver!
  • If these steps don't work, try reinstalling the driver: Open Device Manager, right-click (or tap and hold) the name of the device, and select Uninstall. Restart your PC and Windows will attempt to reinstall the driver.

You might check the setting! I'm not familiar with "Lock Screen Mode"?
Capture48.JPG

Last edited:
Hi OK! I do not use that feature! This is all I know about it! Did you try my suggestions in reply #4 & #5
Lock Screen - Enable or Disable in Windows 10

Hmm.. But I don't think it's the lockscreen fault that causes this problem. It some how triggers it. Another thing to add is while my pc loads my desktop icons/applications on boot, I cannot execute any applications until my desktop fully loads or it will triggers the repeatable keys issue.

Do you have a different keyboard to test and see if that resolves the issue?

Yea I tried a different keyboard. It does the same thing.

You never replied about my suggestion in post #5 You can slow down the repeat in the KB options!
View attachment 32195

It's not the key repeat rate problem though. The problem is my key is automatically being press when not pressing any keys on the keyboard.

Sounds to me like you have a corrupted W10 installation there.:( Swapping out the physical keyboards confirms this.

I would backup all your stuff to external media or cloud, and do a Windows Reset and subsequent W10 upgrade, or perform a fresh W10 install from ISO DVD or USB media (use MS Media Creation Tool); and see if the problem abates.

If it does not, I would suggest you test your hard drive (C: boot drive). This type of problem can and does occur from a failing hard drive. You mention you have a self-built machine (what make/model Motherboard please?); and folks who do this often take a hard drive from their old rig and pop into the new rig, sometimes drives can be 10 years old and they fail. Download free SEATOOLS diagnostic from Seagate.com and run BOTH short and long tests. If SEATOOLS returns any errors on either test, your drive has failed and must be replaced! :(

Then reinstall your W10 via in-place install as per above or via upgrade method from earlier Windows version (Win Vista/7/8/8.1/8.1.1) and try again. Most likely if you indeed found your drive to be faulty and replaced, this method is pretty much guaranteed to fix it. If not, you are looking at a very expensive Mobo replacement and rig rebuild.:(

Best of Luck,:up:
<<<BIGBEARJEDI>>>

Sounds to me like you have a corrupted W10 installation there.:( Swapping out the physical keyboards confirms this.

I would backup all your stuff to external media or cloud, and do a Windows Reset and subsequent W10 upgrade, or perform a fresh W10 install from ISO DVD or USB media (use MS Media Creation Tool); and see if the problem abates.

If it does not, I would suggest you test your hard drive (C: boot drive). This type of problem can and does occur from a failing hard drive. You mention you have a self-built machine (what make/model Motherboard please?); and folks who do this often take a hard drive from their old rig and pop into the new rig, sometimes drives can be 10 years old and they fail. Download free SEATOOLS diagnostic from Seagate.com and run BOTH short and long tests. If SEATOOLS returns any errors on either test, your drive has failed and must be replaced! :(

Then reinstall your W10 via in-place install as per above or via upgrade method from earlier Windows version (Win Vista/7/8/8.1/8.1.1) and try again. Most likely if you indeed found your drive to be faulty and replaced, this method is pretty much guaranteed to fix it. If not, you are looking at a very expensive Mobo replacement and rig rebuild.:(

Best of Luck,:up:
<<<BIGBEARJEDI>>>

Well the problem occurs when I updated my Windows from 8 to 8.1 when it first came out. So, the problem been occurring for quite some time. My motherboard is Gigabyte, Z77X-UD3H. I'm using a SSD as my C drive; it's only been 1 year old. I was using a HDD before, but nothing changes even after I made the switch. I can try your method. Thanks!

Repair Install Windows 10 with an In-place Upgrade - Windows 10 Forums

This tutorial will show you how to do a repair install of Windows 10 by performing an in-place upgrade without losing anything.

You must be signed in as an administrator to be able to do a repair install of Windows 10.

I'll give your method a shot too. Thanks!

Hi,

I got this problem that's been going on for quite some time. When I log in to my desktop, the keyboard just spams a single key, "f" uncontrollably like it is being hold down. It goes like this... ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff.
It's not always the "f" key. It can be any key. Sometimes it happens in the middle when I'm typing. As an example, "So when i type my words gets cut off like thisssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss".

My keyboard keys aren't stuck because it never happen before until windows 8.1 upgrade. I thought once when windows 10 releases, it would get fixed, but I guess not. This also happens when I went to go into lockscreen mode. It just does the same thing over again. It prevents me from logging back in since it just spams a single key forever. I already tried unplugging my keyboard and replugging it back in; It didn't work. Changing keyboard didn't work.

The only way I temporarily fix it was to completely shutdown my pc through holding down on my power button. Rebooting didn't fix it because it just repeat the process. I ran a scan using malwarebytes, but there's no virus or any malware detected.

The issue doesn't happen all the time, just randomly or when I incurred going into lockscreen mode.
If there is a fix for this, this would help me a lot. Thanks!

Hi, I have a corsair K95 keyboard recently doing almost same thing, but my case is 9999999999999999 nonstop.. changed to another keyboard same thing, id recon either windows 10, keyboard drivers or malware, if you solved please let me now as well. Thank you

Back
Top Bottom