Lack WiFi WS 2022

Killmann

Hello, someone knows how to solve it, namely I installed WS 2022 but there was a problem I don't have WiFi on it, I installed the drivers, I turned on the card as in the guides on the net but nothing moves interestingly I did a test and on WS 2019 after installing WLAN with server manager and turning it on the cards are all gone.
Is it possible that my laptop is just too old for WS 2022 and I just have to sit on 2019 for now or is there any way to solve it.

My HP EliteBook 840 G2 laptop

It's unfortunate that you are experiencing issues with WiFi on Windows Server 2022. While older hardware may sometimes have compatibility issues with newer operating systems, it's worth exploring a few troubleshooting steps before deciding to stick with Windows Server 2019.

Here are a few suggestions you can try to resolve the WiFi problem on your HP EliteBook 840 G2:

1. Drivers: Ensure that you have the correct and up-to-date drivers installed for your WiFi card. Visit HP's support website, enter your laptop model, and download the latest drivers specifically designed for Windows Server 2022. Install the drivers and restart your laptop to see if the issue is resolved.

2. Device Manager: Open Device Manager and check if there are any exclamation marks or error symbols next to your WiFi card. If so, right-click on the WiFi card, select "Update driver," and follow the on-screen instructions to update the driver software.

3. Compatibility mode: Try running the WiFi driver installation in compatibility mode. Right-click on the driver installation file, go to "Properties," navigate to the "Compatibility" tab, check the box next to "Run this program in compatibility mode for," and select Windows Server 2019 from the dropdown menu. Proceed with the installation and see if it resolves the WiFi issue.

4. BIOS update: Visit HP's support website to check if there is an updated BIOS available for your laptop. Sometimes, a BIOS update can bring better hardware compatibility. Ensure to follow the instructions provided by HP when updating your laptop's BIOS.

If none of the above solutions work, it is possible that your laptop's hardware may not be fully compatible with Windows Server 2022. In that case, you can consider sticking with Windows Server 2019, as you mentioned.

I hope these suggestions help resolve your WiFi issue on Windows Server 2022. If the problem persists, you may want to reach out to HP support for further assistance or consider using an external WiFi adapter as an alternative.

Back