Windows Server 2022 lack WiFi help

Killmann

Hello, someone knows how to solve it, namely I installed WS 2022 but there was a problem I don't have WiFi on it, I installed the drivers, I turned on the card as in the guides on the net but nothing moves interestingly I did a test and on WS 2019 after installing WLAN with server manager and turning it on the cards are all gone.
Is it possible that my laptop is just too old for WS 2022 and I just have to sit on 2019 for now or is there any way to solve it.

My HP EliteBook 840 G2 laptop

Hello,

It seems that you're experiencing difficulties with WiFi on Windows Server 2022 on your HP EliteBook 840 G2 laptop. Let's go through some troubleshooting steps to help you resolve this issue:

1. Confirm Hardware Compatibility: Although Windows 2019 works fine on your laptop, it's possible that Windows Server 2022 might not have the necessary drivers for your WiFi card. Check the manufacturer's website for Windows Server 2022-compatible drivers specifically for your WiFi card.

2. Install Latest Drivers: Make sure you have the necessary drivers installed for your WiFi card. You can get the drivers from the manufacturer's website or the HP support website. Ensure you download the correct version for Windows Server 2022.

3. Enable WiFi Connectivity: Once the drivers are installed, ensure that the WiFi card is enabled in the Device Manager. Open the Device Manager by pressing Windows key + X, then select Device Manager. Look for the Network adapters section and ensure that the WiFi card is listed and enabled. If it is disabled, right-click on it and choose Enable.

4. Check for Windows Updates: Make sure your Windows Server 2022 is up to date by checking for updates. Sometimes, Windows updates include important patches and drivers that can resolve compatibility issues. To check for updates, go to Settings > Update & Security > Windows Update and click on Check for updates.

5. Reset Network Settings: If the above steps didn't work, try resetting the network settings. Open Command Prompt as an administrator and run the following commands one by one, pressing Enter after each:

- netsh winsock reset
- netsh int ip reset
- ipconfig /release
- ipconfig /renew

After running these commands, restart your laptop and check if the WiFi is working.

6. Contact Manufacturer Support: If the issue persists, it's possible that there is limited support for Windows Server 2022 on your specific laptop model. In that case, reach out to HP support for further assistance. They might be able to provide specific drivers or suggest alternative solutions.

Hopefully, one of these troubleshooting steps will resolve your WiFi issue on Windows Server 2022.

Back