Laptop suggestions

Axel PC

Good deal 👍🏼. Let us know how it works out.

Fenway16

Dell Inspiron 5570 Laptop Intel® 8th Gen i5-8250, 256 GB SSD Hard Drive, 8 GB DDR4, Win 10 Home, Intel® UHD Graphics 620
Well - this is what I ended up with. Hope it's a good one. Got it for $499. A little higher than what I wanted but seems a good fit. Question: McAfee is installed but I don't want it. Hopefully I can disable it to dl and install my choice of AV - if not, what is the recommendation for installing new AV software. Remove McAfee first? Knowing the conflict of having 2 av's on system, this always confounds me timing wise. It's been a while since I have had to do it. Would appreciate your input. Thanks very much.

Axel PC

Hey I think that sounds like a really good deal for $499.

I'd uninstall McAfee first, restart and install the AV of your choice.

Fenway16

It's only been a few hours but not thrilled with 10. I said not to install mcafee in the setup process but guess what - installed anyway! I went ahead and d.l. Avast and installed it and had to take it off as I was not able to uninstall mcafee or so it would appear. I downloaded a win 7 lookalike to find my way around this system and found a better uninstall program - like the old win7 one so might try it again.

Such a pain having the wheel reinvented without the old wheel not being worn out yet. It also wiped a 500GB external drive in order to make a recovery drive. It needed 16GB and all I had was this 500GB one - waste. Now the drive is not accessible anywhere except this Dell- can this be reversed do you know? I would have had to purchase a 32GB for $16.00 -- which now that I know this drive is wiped - I would do.

I will get used to it I'm sure but not crazy about it. Just too busy for my taste.

Axel PC

That sucks! Yeah unfortunately in order to have the latest security updates and protections we have to do this major updates in Windows. That is one thing I do like about Mac.

This website is not affiliated, owned, or endorsed by Microsoft Corporation. It is a member of the Microsoft Partner Program.