Windows 10 Let the older PC's upgrade

CygXanadu

Some of us cannot afford a $2000 PC, as we're on Government subsidy. Let us update I don't care about requirements.

There are several “fixes” if you search, including one from Microsoft. It usually means a fresh install, but you can choose to kerp your data. I have it running 100%, on a 7 year old laptop.

the bottom line is updates need drivers and some systems are built from parts that don't have Windows 10 or 11 drivers because the people that made those parts arn't around\ interested

the bottom line is updates need drivers and some systems are built from parts that don't have Windows 10 or 11 drivers because the people that made those parts arn't around\ interested
True, but, with the laptop mentioned, the hardware never changes, so would not normally need drivers if the existing ones are fully functional. I guess the test is, as I have done, see if the OS will run satisfactorily on the existing hardware.

it tends to be more a case of new software 'assumes' this standard and older parts with older drivers will not meet the standard so the software won't run [normally flags at install time]

like all systems you should prob move on to something more current for your banking needs etc and just keep the old gear for the kids to play their games on

Back
Top Bottom