Windows 7 Lexmark 9500 issues

mevensen

I have just switched to Windows 7 (build 7100) and am having trouble using my Lexmark x9500 printer, which was working fine with Vista (x86, Ultimate) via WiFi connection prior to switch.

First, my computer registered the printer as Offline. It was not. And another Vista machine in the network could still see the printer as Online and use it. I tried removing and reinstalling the printer on the Windows 7 machine.

Each time (of which I have had several by now), the installation seems to stall. Windows sees the network printer, installs the driver (I think), but seems to hang at that point (the progress bar just keeps pulsing for 20+ minutes until I force a close). The printer appears in my Printers and Faxes device section, but refuses to print a test page.

Any suggestions?

Hello and Welcome to Windows7forums.. :)

Sounds like it's not the appropriate driver.. ;) You said you used the latest available Vista driver right? If that isn't working (which it obviously isn't) and there are no Windows 7 specific drivers out yet for your printer you may have to wait until Lexmark releases a win 7 driver for your printer before it will work properly.. ;)

When they will do that is hard to say.. I'd like to say by the Retail release of Win 7 but that's a tough one to call.. I've found developers are doing a fairly decent job of getting drivers out there but they could certainly be doing a BETTER job.. ;)

This may not be exactly what you need but give this link from Microsoft Technet hardware Compatibility forum. Check the first answer below the question:

Printers USB/Wireless

there are also some documents on lexmark's site under Case Studies.

Link Removed - Invalid URL

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello and Welcome to Windows7forums.. :)

Sounds like it's not the appropriate driver.. ;) You said you used the latest available Vista driver right? If that isn't working (which it obviously isn't) and there are no Windows 7 specific drivers out yet for your printer you may have to wait until Lexmark releases a win 7 driver for your printer before it will work properly.. ;)

When they will do that is hard to say.. I'd like to say by the Retail release of Win 7 but that's a tough one to call.. I've found developers are doing a fairly decent job of getting drivers out there but they could certainly be doing a BETTER job.. ;)

Ah well, looks like you're probably right about the driver issue. Hope that's resolved somewhat quickly. I guess I'll either have to use a different computer for printing, or use my photo printer (which does work) for now.

Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom