Windows 7 Live Movie Maker Import Problem

seantheman

Hey, I'm having a problem with Windows Live Movie Maker. Before, when I used Windows Vista, I would plug in my camcorder (firewire), the import video wizard would pop up, and then I would have an option to choose between AVI and WMV. This was really really good for me, because an hour of AVI takes up 13 gigabytes, whereas an hour of WMV takes up 1 gigabyte. However, this option is no longer there with Windows Live Movie Maker, or Windows 7 in general. It simply defaults to AVI and I then have to convert it later, thus doubling my time spend on the project. Does anyone have any idea how to re-enable WMV, or perhaps of another Windows program that would do the job? Basically, I want it to import the video directly to WMV, or any other format that doesn't take up 13 gigabytes per hour, without sacrificing quality. (WMV is great in that regard by the way. The quality is great) Any help would be most appreciated. Please, somebody help! :frown:

Maybe this will help

Import video from a videotape

BTW... I have written a screenplay. Do you have experience making a movie? Interested ?

I have already read that, and it didn't help at all. You see, I don't have the option to import as WMV available. It just isn't there. All I can do is import to AVI which takes up way too much space. It doesn't even ask which format I would prefer! Maybe I should just do a dual boot with XP...

Back