Flash Drive Password Lock

Rumford

Salutations. I was wondering if anyone knew of a software that will bring up a "enter password" box on Windows 11 Home (Android optional) whenever it's plugged in as to prevent any kind of access like on Bitlocker (I'm assuming) or like on any Laptop. I don't care if it's paid or free, but a trial would be nice. I've looked for a month and have tried at least 50 different software, yet they were all terrible. While I don't care for the encryption, I wouldn't care if it's on. I've tried USBSafeguard, but it put everything in a virtual drive (which is something I'm completely against, as I am to any kind of vault, partition, folder or mount) and ISumSoft USBCode had no trial or YouTube video. I just want a password lock screen, encryption optional. I thank anyone in advance for their answer/s.

But do you have any suggestions for a password locker? Something like a computer password screen? And absolutely not to Bitlocker or Veracrypt as both are untrustworthy (to me) and can be cracked/bypassed entirely.

No, there's no such thing. Any solution will need to encrypt the data to protect it. Veracrypt has been around a long time, is open source and uses industry standards and best practices to protect data. Sure if you had a powerful enough system and enough time you could crack any encryption. With todays compute power it's not feasible in a persons life time to crack.

To be clear you can't bypass encryption unless you know the key.

Back