Windows Vista Local Security Policy In Vista Home Premium

phaneendar

Hi Guys
Can some one help me in getting the "local security policy" in Vista Home Premium.

Generally In Xp we will find it in "control panel->administrative tools->Local security Policy"
OR we can get it by start-> Run and type "secpol.msc"

This is not working in Vista.
Some one help me finding this. Its very urgent for me.:confused:

Start | Search | gpcedit.msc

I had the same troubles finding it.

The vast majority of the settings in group policy can bemade with direct registry edits, if you are comfortable with editing theregistry. Go to the following website and download the Group Policy SettingsReference. This is an Excel spreadsheet that contains all of the grouppolicy settings with a description of each setting and the correspondinglocation in the registry for each setting.
I warn you - it's immense. Download details: Group Policy Settings Reference:
http://tinyurl.com/fmxvo

Hi Guys
Can some one help me in getting the \"local security policy\" in Vista Home Premium.

Generally In Xp we will find it in \"control panel->administrative tools->Local security Policy\"
OR we can get it by start-> Run and type \"secpol.msc\"

This is not working in Vista.
Some one help me finding this. Its very urgent for me.:confused:

As the other posters have mentioned, to tweak UAC (User Account Control) settings using secpol.msc, you’ll be out of luck cause secpol.msc is a part of Group Policy Editor and its not included in Vista Home editions.
However, the same settings can be applied using Windows Registry Editor, so you can carry out the UAC tweaks in Vista Home editions using registry editor.
See the link:

Link Removed - Invalid URL

As for UAC, you can just go to User Accounts and enable or disable UAC from there.

Back