Windows 7 Login failure: the user has not been granted the requested logon type at this computer

windowsserverissues00

I'm trying to share a folder between computers. The first computer has the file on it and I shared it with all privledges (read/write/etc..) for all users. It is a Win 7 home computer so its not a domain account.

The second computer is on the domain. I get "\\computer 1 is not accessible. You might not have the permission to use this network resource. Contact the admin of this server to find out if you have access permissions. Login failure: the user has not been granted the requested logon type at this computer" when I try to access that computer in the "network" tab on the left of the "My computer" window.

I tried a few guides that told me to edit things on the local group policy on the server, but they didn't work.

Any ideas on how to fix it? I didn't set the computers up this way and adding it to the domain is the last option that I don't want to do.

I tried a few guides that told me to edit things on the local group policy on the server, but they didn't work.

As far as I know the Group Policy on the domain controller (the server) only affects the computers controlled by it, the computers that have joined that domain.

Some of the most commonly applied GPOs deny access to non authenticated connections. This includes non domain joined devices. You shouldn't be allowing non domain joined devices access to domain devices that's just bad security.

Then you need to make sure and specify COMPUTERNAME\LOCALUSER on the non-domain joined device.

Back
Top Bottom