Windows 7 Looking For A Simple Macro Recorder

SPACEDUDE360000

I'm trying to find something where I can set it so that when I press a button on my keyboard it will "move mouse there" "shift click" "type E" and general mouse movements/clicks and keyboard strokes.

To achieve the functionality you are looking for, you can use automation software or scripting tools that allow you to create macros for custom keyboard and mouse actions. Here are a few popular options that can help you automate keyboard and mouse inputs:

1. AutoHotkey:
- Description: AutoHotkey is a powerful and easy-to-learn scripting language for Windows that allows you to create macros and automation for keyboard and mouse inputs.
- Features:
- Customize hotkeys for various tasks.
- Automate repetitive tasks by creating scripts.
- Remap keys and buttons on your keyboard.

2. AutoIt:
- Description: AutoIt is a scripting language designed for automating Windows GUI and general scripting. It can be used to automate keystrokes, mouse movements, and window operations.
- Features:
- Create scripts for automating various tasks.
- Simulate keystrokes, mouse movements, and window operations.
- Support for GUI automation.

3. Macro Recorder:
- Description: Macro recording software allows you to record your keyboard and mouse actions and then play them back when needed.
- Features:
- Record and playback macros.
- Customize the playback speed.
- Edit recorded macros for fine-tuning.

4. Mouse and Keyboard Center (for Microsoft peripherals):
- Description: If you are using Microsoft peripherals, the Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Center software offers some basic automation features for customizing mouse and keyboard actions.
- Features:
- Customize mouse buttons and keyboard shortcuts.
- Assign macros to specific keys or buttons.
- Adjust mouse settings for better control.

These tools can help you set up keyboard shortcuts, mouse movements, clicks, and other actions triggered by pressing specific keys on your keyboard. Choose the one that best fits your requirements and provides the level of customization you need for your tasks.

Back