Windows 8 Looking for reliable DirecTV app for Windows 8.1

brkkab

Excellent Member
I just ditched Bright House Cable this morning. I replaced it with DirecTV Xtra tv service. Could someone recommend a reliable DirecTV app for Windows 8.1 Pro w/Media Center x64 and Windows 8.1 x64 ? I found a actual DirecTV for my Nokia Lumia 521 w/Windows Phone 8.1 in the Windows Phone Store. The DirecTV app's in the Windows 8.1 Store all appear to be generic app's, not actually from DirecTV. Which of those are reliable and actually work ?

I did that already. They have Windows Phone app's, but the rest they have are for Android's and Ipad's. Nothing for Windows itself. The 2 Windows Phone app's they have, one is for scheduling recordings and the other is for DirecTV's NFL Sunday Night Ticket. The only app's I found in the Windows Store aren't made by DirecTV. The one I tried, apparently doesn't function in Windows 8.1. Either that or it's specifically a touch-only app.

Last edited:
I kinda figured as much....not to many apps being developed for PC based usage. Everything is being geared towards phones, tablets and laptops as you have found out. Maybe someone will come up with one. You could try an app developer forums and see if someone might write one....couldn't hurt to try.

I purchased the DirecTV Remote in the Windows Store and it seems to only work with touch. If I click on anything in it with the mouse, nothing happens.

Maybe someone will come up with one. You could try an app developer forums and see if someone might write one....couldn't hurt to try.

Back