Windows 7 Low Processor Experience Score

brainjfk

1. I ran the computer performance test and it gave my Intel Pentium(R) D CPU 3.20GHz processor a 2.5 index score. Is this right or is there an issue with the performance test? It's a dual core processor... I thought WIN7 was supposed to take advantage of dual core... ie make them faster..... I got a much higher index score with vista.... Any thoughts?

Well the fact that the Windows 7 test does a more thorough job of examining the hardware of a PC. They have much improved on that of VISTA. I would suggest making sure that the latest driver for your hardware is installed and then rerun the test again. Many times this has happened simply because i driver did not install properly.

That's not right, you should have at least a 4, I would say the EI is a bit messed up at this time.

I agree it is not right just try installing or reinstalling the latest driver. It has worked for several other people.

Thanks for the advice. I ran the test twice earlier today and got the same index score. Just ran it a minute ago and now says 4.9 ..... Weird thing is I didn't do anything... Maybe something was running in the background? when I ran the previous tests?

Stuff running in the background should not affect the outcome of the test. I am unsure as to why it changed. Maybe something in the driver did not completely install and installed before you did the latest one as what happened with one of our other members.

I have seen it many times with many different people that their cpu, graphics, or hard drive drivers installed incorrectly and when they reinstalled them their performance scores increased dramatically. I cant explain y it helps but at least give it a try.

I am running a Pentium D 2.8GHz, and my Processor score is 4.4.

Were you doing anything while the test was running, or had a lot of background tasks running?

1. I ran the computer performance test and it gave my Intel Pentium(R) D CPU 3.20GHz processor a 2.5 index score. Is this right or is there an issue with the performance test? It's a dual core processor... I thought WIN7 was supposed to take advantage of dual core... ie make them faster..... I got a much higher index score with vista.... Any thoughts?

I think it's important to remember that this is a beta ( albeit a very stable/polished one ) and the WEI isn't really a critical function ;)

where do i go for a computer performance test i have made the jump from xp to 7 without experiencing vista and i think its great

the difference between Vistas and windows 7 WEI cpu score is because windows 7's takes into account newer more powerful hardware vistas WEi topped out at a score of 7 windows 7's however tops out at a score of 9

oh and if your wondering my Athlon x2 7750BE @ 2700MHz gets a 7.2

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom