lsass.exe causing 100% CPU Usage as Google Chrome opens

technicbuff

I have in my possession a 2009 13" MSI X340 laptop with the following specifications:

Windows Vista Service Pack 2 (build 6002)
a 1.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Solo CPU
2 GB RAM
Fujitsu MJA2320BH 320 GB Hard Drive
Micro-Star International MS-1352 Ver 1.0 Motherboard

This computer's CPU gets overloaded with about 90% usage in the lsass.exe process, once Google chrome is opened on any user account. I tried re-installing Google Chrome (a possible solution I found on other forum posts in the internet) but it did not help.

Let me know if there is any other information you guys need to help; I haven't posted in these forums in a while and I apologize if the format of this post doesn't follow any of the guidelines here.

Rapontic

perhaps too late
i cleared the visits history (very big was) and don't see lsass in the processes now

toyman

someone has found the solution to this one...
website is
bugs.chromium*org/p/chromium/issues/detail?id=374624

replace the '*' with '.' since site will not let me post links

solution is to delete a guid folder in the user subfolders...specifically:
C:\Users\<username>\appdata\roaming\microsoft\protect\<guid>

process may hang or immediately return, so test chrome again and if it takes less more than about 5 sec to start up then delete the folder again until it stops returning (usually may only come back once..although it did not return when I finally fixed this myself)

Kerbankle

usass, i love you

fidodido48

keep in mind you gonna lose passwords stored locally in chrome and may be unable to save new ones as well...

This website is not affiliated, owned, or endorsed by Microsoft Corporation. It is a member of the Microsoft Partner Program.