Windows 7 "Manage Offline files" disabled

andyhaha

I have installed Windows 7 on two machines (laptop and desktop) on a home network. When I go into Sync Centre and click on "Manage offline files" nothing happens. This is the same for both machines. Previously when the laptop was running Vista and the desktop was running Windows 7 this was not a problem and worked fine. What do I need to "tweak" in order to enable "Offline files" on my laptop??

By default, in "services.msc" you should have Offline Files on automatic, which would then say they were started. This is by default. Perhaps, somewhere along the line, you have disabled them?
Also, look under the Services tab in Msconfig and make sure they are ticked to run at startup.

Thanks RAK for your reply. This is going to sound wierd but Offline Files does not appear in "services.msc" in either installation of Windows 7. Both were installed from separate disks with unique license codes. I am running Home/Premium but I assume the Offline Files service is still a part of this build? Otherwise, any other ideas would be greatfully received :frown:

Ah! Sorry, it is not available in the home edition. But you could try this alternative from MS
Link Removed due to 404 Error

Thanks RAK. Sensational alternative to "offline files" . Solves that and my nasty backup problem in one hit. Ypour are a star!:D

Back