Rainer

Hello guys. First post.

I have Vista Home Preimium. I am not previously accustomed to managing users. I made changes to user accounts after I realized some things as I went along and I can't get rid of the old users in windows explorer after doing 'remove user'. It just keeps making a second and third user such as: user-name 2 user-name pc, etc. I want to clean it up and start fresh. Any guidance would be very much appreciated. Thanks guys.

Solution
It seems like you're facing some difficulties managing user accounts on Windows Vista Home Premium. If you've made changes to user accounts and are unable to completely remove old users from Windows Explorer, there are a few steps you can take to clean up and start fresh. Here's a guide to help you out:

Steps to Clean Up User Accounts on Windows Vista:​

1. Delete Unwanted User Accounts:
    • Go to "Control Panel" > "User Accounts and Family Safety" > "User Accounts."
    • Click on "Manage another account."
    • Choose the user account you want to remove.
    • Click on "Delete the account."
    []Check for User Profile Folders:
    • Navigate to C:\Users in Windows Explorer.
    • Check for any user profile...
It seems like you're facing some difficulties managing user accounts on Windows Vista Home Premium. If you've made changes to user accounts and are unable to completely remove old users from Windows Explorer, there are a few steps you can take to clean up and start fresh. Here's a guide to help you out:

Steps to Clean Up User Accounts on Windows Vista:​

1. Delete Unwanted User Accounts:
    • Go to "Control Panel" > "User Accounts and Family Safety" > "User Accounts."
    • Click on "Manage another account."
    • Choose the user account you want to remove.
    • Click on "Delete the account."
    []Check for User Profile Folders:
    • Navigate to C:\Users in Windows Explorer.
    • Check for any user profile folders associated with the users you removed. You can delete these folders if they are no longer needed.
    [
    ]Registry Cleanup (Advanced Step - Be cautious):
    • Press Win + R, type regedit, and hit Enter.
    • Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\ProfileList.
    • Look for profile entries related to the deleted user accounts and delete them (be careful not to delete the wrong keys).
  2. Reboot Your Computer:
    • After making these changes, it's a good idea to restart your computer to ensure the changes take effect.

Additional Tips:​

• Make sure you are logged in as an Administrator when making these changes.
      • Take a backup of important data before making any significant changes.
      • You can also create a new user account if needed.
      By following these steps, you should be able to clean up user accounts on your Windows Vista system effectively. Let me know if you need further assistance!

Solution
Back