Windows Vista Massive vista problems - should i go to 7?

ashotinthedark

I did a factory restore on my machine after having unsolvable hdd problems and its now proving nigh impossible to update vista from version 6 (which is obviously the factory version) to whatever the latest version is. For example, I have seven copies of service pack 1 installed on my machine but when I check my vista version it still tells me im running version 6 and am missing critical updates. My only question right now is should i keep trying with vista or is it more worthwhile to do a clean install of windows 7 from a disk?
Thanks in advance.

No decision to be made there, really. Whatever the current views (7 is spruced up vista .., etc goes on and on!) Windows 7 is superior to Vista. s a Vista user you will not encounter too many user differences and will be delighted with the better performance and compatibility.

My only question right now is should i keep trying with vista or is it more worthwhile to do a clean install of windows 7 from a disk?
Thanks in advance.

I also think 7 is more delight than Vista, and I should recommend that you do a clean install of 7 - not an upgrade from Vista. Clean install as compared to upgrade: faster boot and performance, fewer problems. More expensive though.

I did a factory restore on my machine after having unsolvable hdd problems and its now proving nigh impossible to update vista from version 6 (which is obviously the factory version) to whatever the latest version is. For example, I have seven copies of service pack 1 installed on my machine but when I check my vista version it still tells me im running version 6 and am missing critical updates. My only question right now is should i keep trying with vista or is it more worthwhile to do a clean install of windows 7 from a disk?
Thanks in advance.

It sounds to me like you have multiple copies of vista copied over one another and you would do well to (if possible ) to do a 'clean install' of vista or whatever you decide on. Vista isn't as bad as the hype suggests but it is certainly true that you do get a better ride with 7.

you can use the Upgrade edition to do a clean install just as long as you have atleast an installation of win vista, it doesn't need to be a working install when asked by win7s install which type of installation you'd like to do simply click clean install

Back