Windows 7 mcafee good and bad

casi

good evening i would like some oppinions regarding mcafee total protection 2011.I have just subscribed for a year.it was recomended through my mothers imployee Clariant they use it and its a big company not here in denmark but international.kind regards casi:confused:

Everyone's choice in AntiVirus / AntiMalware protection is pretty subjective, you find something you like, or somebody you know and trust has recommended, which is not a resource hog and has a generally small foot print overall, is generally easy to configure and doesn't bug the heck out of you everytime you try to do something, you're golden.
Being a fixed income retiree I like free and so I'm currently using Microsoft Security Essentials which is free (even for small businesses up to 10 computers) and it seems to do alright.
Kaspersky and or Eset/Nod32 would be my picks to click if I was going to spend my hard earned practically non-existent personal fortune on a commercial product.
But like I said everyone has their own personal favorites so opinions vary McAfee wouldn't even be in my top half dozen even if it was free. There are several sites Link Removed due to 404 Error that do some pretty comprehensive side by side testing, but often tests results can lag as much as a year, and a product that didn't do well, may have picked itself up, dusted itself off and come out fighting lean and mean with its' latest updated versions. It's an area of software development that seems forever in-flux and a bloated piece of junk one year might come back as a big hit the next year.

good evening i would like some oppinions regarding mcafee total protection 2011.I have just subscribed for a year.it was recomended through my mothers imployee Clariant they use it and its a big company not here in denmark but international.kind regards casi:confused:

mcafee is a good security suite. If you could have another option, I would suggest you to go for PANDA 2013 Antivirus. It provides complete security against each and every malwarebyte.

here is the latest of update problems people have had with their software, one update not too long ago caused required formats.
McAfee antivirus update causes problems for home and enterprise customers - Computerworld
based on this history, I would go for e-set: Top-rated PC antivirus and antispyware | ESET NOD32 Antivirus or kaspersky: Antivirus Offers but why pay for something that Microsoft provides at no cost. I use Microsoft Security Essentials, it updates automatically and allows manual updating whenever you want, and they release new definition updates with about the same frequency as the payware antivirus, though you need to manually update to get them about as frequently.
Microsoft Security Essentials - Free Antivirus for Windows

Back
Top Bottom