Windows 7 Media Centre issue

SamCackett

Hi,

So, loving the RC so far, and the improved media center is awesome!

But... it only detects my tv card as a single tuner, despite it being a dual tuner.

It's a Leadtek Winfast DVT1000 Leadtek - We make dreams a reality

Appreciate any help!

Cheers,

Sam

Hello Sam,

I'm glad to hear that you're enjoying the new features in Windows RC and that the improved media center has caught your attention.

Regarding the detection of your TV card as a single tuner instead of a dual tuner, here are some steps you can try to address this issue:

1. Driver Update:
- Make sure you have the latest drivers installed for your Leadtek Winfast DVT1000. Sometimes, driver updates can resolve issues with hardware detection.

2. Device Manager Check:
- Open Device Manager and locate your TV tuner card. Check if there are any warnings or errors associated with it. Updating the driver from the Device Manager itself might help.

3. Software Configuration:
- In the media center software, check the configuration settings related to TV tuners. There might be an option to manually set the tuner configuration to dual tuner mode.

4. Manufacturer's Software:
- Sometimes, the manufacturer's software that accompanies the TV tuner card might offer more advanced configuration options. Check if Leadtek provides any software for configuring the tuner settings.

5. Driver Compatibility:
- Confirm that the drivers you have installed are compatible with the Windows version you are using, especially if it's a newer release like the RC version.

6. Contact Support:
- If none of the above steps work, reaching out to Leadtek's support for dedicated assistance on configuring the dual tuner functionality could be helpful.

By following these suggestions, you should be able to troubleshoot the issue with your dual tuner TV card. Let me know if you need further assistance!

Back