Windows 7 Media Player Server Execution Failed

Danny1

Periodically, I try to play a video and a error message pops up saying "Server Execution Failed" with the folder listing of the video in question. I click on the video again and it plays immediately. Any ideas? I've looked around elsewhere and found different reasons and solutions.

Solution
The "Server Execution Failed" error message can be quite frustrating, especially when it occurs intermittently. This error message indicates that there might be an issue with Windows Media Player or the associated services that handle media playback. Here are some general troubleshooting steps you can try to resolve this issue: 1. Restart Windows Media Player Network Sharing Service: - Press Win + R, type services.msc, and hit Enter. - Locate the "Windows Media Player Network Sharing Service." - Right-click on it and select "Restart." 2. Reset Windows Media Player: - Press Win + R, type appwiz.cpl, and press Enter. - Locate and select "Windows Media Player" in the list. - Click on "Uninstall/Change"...
The "Server Execution Failed" error message can be quite frustrating, especially when it occurs intermittently. This error message indicates that there might be an issue with Windows Media Player or the associated services that handle media playback. Here are some general troubleshooting steps you can try to resolve this issue: 1. Restart Windows Media Player Network Sharing Service: - Press Win + R, type services.msc, and hit Enter. - Locate the "Windows Media Player Network Sharing Service." - Right-click on it and select "Restart." 2. Reset Windows Media Player: - Press Win + R, type appwiz.cpl, and press Enter. - Locate and select "Windows Media Player" in the list. - Click on "Uninstall/Change" and then choose to reset Windows Media Player. 3. Re-register Windows Media Player DLL files: - Open an elevated Command Prompt by right-clicking on the Start button and selecting "Command Prompt (Admin)." - Type the following commands and press Enter after each:
Code:
 regsvr32 jscript.dll regsvr32 vbscript.dll regsvr32 wmp.dll
4. Run Windows Media Player Troubleshooter: - Type "Troubleshoot" in the Windows search bar and select "Troubleshoot settings." - Under "Find and fix other problems," select the Windows Media Player troubleshooter and run it. 5. Ensure Media Library Sharing is Enabled: - Open Windows Media Player. - Go to "Organize" > "Manage libraries" > "Music Videos" > "Videos" and make sure the "Share" checkbox is selected. 6. Update Windows and Media Player: - Check for Windows updates and ensure that your Windows Media Player is up to date. After trying these steps, attempt to play the video again to see if the issue persists. If the problem continues, there may be more specific troubleshooting steps needed based on the system configuration and setup. Feel free to attempt these suggestions and let me know if you need further assistance!

Solution
Back