Windows 10 Merging volumes to enlarge c: volume

trombo

My Toshiba has had windows 10 replacing win 7 And my C: volume is running out of space ie[39 gb ][only 3gb free] This is how I purchased it
I have tried to add space from an f:volume in disk management with no result only 34 gb free space which I can not add to c:

My system is left to right
1/ System reserved 99 mb
2/ C:38.8 GB
3/ New Volume F: 75.5 GB
4/ Free space 34.1 GB
5/ Recovery 450 MB
Can Anyone Help ?
Thanks in anticipation
trombo

upload_2017-9-17_16-18-57.png

Windows won't be able to accommodate your request. You can use a tool like Gparted to move the F partition to the right and then you can extend the C drive from the disk management screen or with gparted. GParted -- A free application for graphically managing disk device partitions. You may want to back up anything important on F as a move can screw up the partition if it fails or the system looses power.

Windows won't be able to accommodate your request. You can use a tool like Gparted to move the F partition to the right and then you can extend the C drive from the disk management screen or with gparted. GParted -- A free application for graphically managing disk device partitions. You may want to back up anything important on F as a move can screw up the partition if it fails or the system looses power.

Hi Neemobeer The results were not helpful I tried to download Gparted but failed due to "disk Full"I had already deleted as much as possible and backed up f: Next I tried EASUS no good / Tried Reset / No good/Tried Clean Install / no good I noted that the pc been activated by " Digital Licence " I have now run out of Ideas Thanks

This probably won't help but just a thought I had. I would back up all you can and then replace your hard drive with a larger one and do a clean install.

Do you have hibernate turned on? You can disable that temporarily to free up space. From an elevated command prompt type powercfg /h off

Do you have hibernate turned on? You can disable that temporarily to free up space. From an elevated command prompt type powercfg /h off
This probably won't help but just a thought I had. I would back up all you can and then replace your hard drive with a larger one and do a clean install.

Back
Top Bottom