Windows 7 Microsoft screwing the Brits again

Dinosaur

If you look at the Windows 7 pre-order offer, you'll see that the £ price is MUCH more than the $ price.

This is OUTRAGEOUS.

LOL. There has been discussion about this already - but not enough imo.

Yes, MS operate a differential pricing policy.

They charge more - a lot more in some regions.

The only way to get them to stop is to vote with your wallet.

Don't buy it if you don't like the price.

Or , if you want the product - get someone in U.S. to buy it for you.

If the pre orders bombed in countries where it is over - priced, then MS would have to respond.

Like any business.

According to this site Currency Converter Website

Calculate and compare currencies Use the boxes below to convert between currencies.
Conversion results 1.00 British pounds sterling = 1.66 US dollars
Exchange rate: 1.656726 Rate valid as of: 2/7/2009

So Brits pay 66% more.

As I said, Outrageous.

I believe that includes 15% VAT - US prices do not include local sales taxes.

Yes, it is certainly 50% more.

You will find that is the case for MS products - they charge as much as they believe the customer will pay - obviously.

Infuriating.

Didn't Europe slap Microsoft for millions of dollars in fees, fines, and penalties in some sort of anti-trust suit ?? Maybe it's the cost of doing business there.

:)

Didn't Europe slap Microsoft for millions of dollars in fees, fines, and penalties in some sort of anti-trust suit ?? Maybe it's the cost of doing business there.

:)

yes and as a consequence the windows 7 versions available to us in the UK for £49.99e and £99.00e must be full versions to ensure they don't have IE in them :D

According to this site Currency Converter Website

Calculate and compare currencies Use the boxes below to convert between currencies.
Conversion results 1.00 British pounds sterling = 1.66 US dollars
Exchange rate: 1.656726 Rate valid as of: 2/7/2009

So Brits pay 66% more.

As I said, Outrageous.

I don't really get to upset about sh!t like this because I live in Canada and I'm used to things being priced ALOT higher than they are in the U.S. for example.. ;) Yes, I completely agree with you that it's fu*king retarded but that's just the way it goes my friend.. Unfortunately.. Although I was lovin it when the Canadian Dollar was worth quite a bit more than the U.S. Dollar a year or so ago, it was nice to look at sites like Ebay and see the CAD total being LESS than the US total.. ;) But of course it didn't last long.. Oh well...

Is the offer available in Australia? From the Australian website I can only see that an upgrade is available if a copy of Vista is purchased between June 26, 2009 and January 31, 2010. and then at an upgrade price of $9.99 to cover cost of postage and handling.

I cannot find any other way to buy the product at half price in Aussie. I have XP but have been using 7 for the past few months.

Well we Brits :D Got to balance the situation :rolleyes:
No me alone balance the scene :cool: Hit us with high prices we hit you with no pay scheme :D

If you know some one in US - what is to stop them ordering the $49usd deal for you?

They can just email you the key when they get it - shouldn't be too hard to get hold of the install media.

Or they can mail the dvd as well .

I imagine a lot of people will do that.

Even cheaper from China probably.

Back