Windows 7 Microsoft Sidewinder x4 -- Somewhat Random Lag when typing or in-game

thatcoolnerd

Hello,

This just recently started happening. I was playing Bully Scholarship Edition, when it suddenly just started lagging (my movements, I mean).

I thought it was the game at first, but when I got out of the game, it kept happening.

I could type an entire sentence, and it will only type at ~1 letter a second. This is very annoying, please help, I have a paper due and this is ridiculously annoying. I just recently installed an update for Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard center, and have Windows 7 Professional.

Thank you very much,
ThatCoolNerd

Solution
Hello ThatCoolNerd, It sounds like the lag issues you're experiencing could be related to the recent update you installed for the Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard center. Here are a few troubleshooting steps you can try to resolve this issue: 1. Check System Resources: - Open Task Manager by pressing Ctrl + Shift + Esc. - Check the CPU, Memory, Disk, and Network tabs to see if any of them are heavily utilized. 2. Update Graphics Drivers: - Outdated graphics drivers can sometimes cause performance issues. Update your graphics drivers to the latest version. 3. Disable Background Programs: - Disable any unnecessary background programs that may be consuming system resources. 4. Run Antivirus Scan: - Perform a full...
Hello ThatCoolNerd, It sounds like the lag issues you're experiencing could be related to the recent update you installed for the Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard center. Here are a few troubleshooting steps you can try to resolve this issue: 1. Check System Resources: - Open Task Manager by pressing Ctrl + Shift + Esc. - Check the CPU, Memory, Disk, and Network tabs to see if any of them are heavily utilized. 2. Update Graphics Drivers: - Outdated graphics drivers can sometimes cause performance issues. Update your graphics drivers to the latest version. 3. Disable Background Programs: - Disable any unnecessary background programs that may be consuming system resources. 4. Run Antivirus Scan: - Perform a full antivirus scan to rule out any malware that could be causing the performance issues. 5. Uninstall the Update: - Try uninstalling the update you recently installed for the Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard center and see if the issue persists. 6. Disable Startup Programs: - Disable unnecessary programs from starting up with Windows by using the System Configuration utility. To do this: - Press Win + R, type msconfig, and press Enter. - Go to the Startup tab and disable unnecessary programs from starting up. 7. Check for Windows Updates: - Make sure your Windows 7 Professional is up to date. Install any pending Windows updates. After trying these steps, restart your computer and see if the issue is resolved. If the problem persists, please let me know so we can explore further solutions.

Solution
Back