Windows 8 minidump in Win 8.1

FirstaidkiT

Hello everyone,
i have recently had a crash dump. I'm uploading it here. Hovewer, i can't specify what the cause of this problem may have been.

regards

Attachments

• 092815-29875-01.dmp
    283.9 KB · Views: 320
Code:
*                        Bugcheck Analysis                                    *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 7A, {fffff6fc00614b40, ffffffffc000000e, 16be83860, fffff800c2968000}

GetPointerFromAddress: unable to read from fffff801c0fe50f0
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for win32k.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for win32k.sys
Probably caused by : memory_corruption

Followup: memory_corruption
Hi,
the above Bugcheck can be caused by failing hardware (typically RAM) although you also have a sub error code of 0xC000000E which means:
0xC000000E, or STATUS_NO_SUCH_DEVICE, indicates a hardware failure or an incorrect drive configuration. Check your cables and check the drive with the diagnostic utility available from your drive manufacturer. If you are using older PATA (IDE) drives, this status code can indicate an incorrect master/subordinate drive configuration.
So in conclusion you may something wrong with either the HDD or RAM and we can test to see which is the likely culprit.

I checked your drivers and noticed your Intel drivers are very old. Please use the drivers found on your Dell support page to update them. I found later versions than your's under windows 7:
Product Support | Dell US

Please run a chkdsk. This guide will show you how. Make sure you tick both boxes outlined in the guide:
The How-To Geek Guide to Using Check Disk in Windows 7, 8, or 10

Windows does have a memory testing app but it can miss errors and the best app for the job is Memtest86.
If you open the link below you'll see you can run Memtest86 in two ways. You can either burn it to disk or install it onto a USB drive it's entirely up to you. You'll then need to enter the bios to change the boot order so you can boot from either the Disk or USB stick you have Memtest86 on.
You must test for at least 12 hours unless it becomes obvious there is a problem straight away (you'll see errors outlined in red.
Memtest86+ - Advanced Memory Diagnostic Tool

Post any new dump files.

I have done 'dell diagnostic' and got error ps below. I checked bad sectors in 'HD Tune' and two of all the blocks have been broken.

@kemical thanks you for response

best wishes & have a good day

Attachments

• dell_diagnostic.png
    dell_diagnostic.png
    621.6 KB · Views: 480
Hi,
thanks for updating your thread and sorry to hear about the drive. Have you tried running a chkdsk anyway?

Back