Windows 7 More of a Computer issue DV + Camera

teak

My old computer use to take firewire. I used to download my videos to windows moviemaker, now with my new computer that is impossible. What device can I use to download DV to my new computer?I used to use a IEEE 1547 firewire to download my DV to moviemaker.

Thanks

Solution
To transfer DV videos from your old camcorder or device to your new computer, which likely lacks Firewire support, you have a few options:
### 1. USB to Firewire Adapter:
You can use a USB to Firewire adapter to bridge the gap between your new computer's USB ports and the Firewire connection on your old DV device.
### 2. External Firewire Capture Card:
Investing in an external Firewire capture card can provide a direct connection between your DV device and the computer.
### 3. Internal Firewire Card:
If you have a desktop PC, you can install an internal Firewire card that provides Firewire connectivity to your system.
### 4. USB Capture Device:
Another alternative is to use a USB capture device. These devices typically have composite...
To transfer DV videos from your old camcorder or device to your new computer, which likely lacks Firewire support, you have a few options:
### 1. USB to Firewire Adapter:
You can use a USB to Firewire adapter to bridge the gap between your new computer's USB ports and the Firewire connection on your old DV device.
### 2. External Firewire Capture Card:
Investing in an external Firewire capture card can provide a direct connection between your DV device and the computer.
### 3. Internal Firewire Card:
If you have a desktop PC, you can install an internal Firewire card that provides Firewire connectivity to your system.
### 4. USB Capture Device:
Another alternative is to use a USB capture device. These devices typically have composite, S-video, and sometimes Firewire inputs, allowing you to capture video from your DV device through USB.
Make sure the device you choose is compatible with your operating system (Windows) and the DV format you are using. By adopting one of these solutions, you should be able to transfer your DV videos to your new computer and continue editing them using software like Windows Movie Maker.

Solution