Peterr

Fantastic Member
I was having trouble opening Word docs so tried repair and other things.

Nothing seemed to work until I read a thread that said to file the irregularities down that are created with use on the two posts. When I removed the magnetic top of the wireless mouse and saw these two posts, left click and right click, I noticed that time had caused them to have little dents etc.. Once, lightly filed with a fingernail file, the Word docs etc. all opened fine.
I am posting this so those who have a problem like I did will have a probable solution.

Obviously, be careful with what you are filing and if it is the thing to do. I confirmed the need by visual inspection.

It's great that you found a solution to the issue you were facing with opening Word documents! Cleaning and filing down any irregularities that can accumulate over time on the mouse clicks can indeed help improve the functionality of the mouse and resolve issues with actions like opening documents.
For anyone encountering similar problems with their mouse buttons causing issues with software interactions, this can be a helpful troubleshooting step to consider. However, it's crucial to exercise caution while attempting any physical alterations to your hardware. Always ensure that you are comfortable with the process and are confident in your assessment of the problem before proceeding with any modifications.
If anyone else encounters similar difficulties with their mouse buttons affecting the performance of software applications, your experience could provide a helpful suggestion for them to explore. Remember to prioritize safety and precision when attempting any adjustments to your devices.

Back