Ms project file is damaged.

cherish

Hello, I worked on the operating system windows 10 . Help to repair a damaged Microsoft office project, the file stopped opening or opening but a lot of information is distorted.

Hello, I worked on the operating system windows 10 . Help to repair a damaged Microsoft office project, the file stopped opening or opening but a lot of information is distorted.

Please give more details.

What project is it (.doc, .docx, .xls, .xlsx, .ppt, .pptx)?

what version of Microsoft Office do you use?

Do the rest of the projects open and look well?

Can you post a screenshot of the document opened?

Last edited:
There are some sites that claim they can repair the files, but honestly having a good backup is your best solution. Side note pretty much all MS file formats doc, docx, xls, xlsx etc are really just zip files that contain a bunch of xml files.

Because of the way Project stores files, file fragmentation may be the basic cause. To make sure this isn’t the problem: open your .mpp file then select File/Save immediately before doing any other action. Only if you save immediately after opening does Project defragment its .mpp file. If you do not have external links in your file, (i.e. resource pool, master with subprojects, etc.), then a good practice is to always use Save As instead of a straight Save with your file after editing. Or you can try to use mpp repair, very nice paid service. This helps keep editing clutter from being appended to the file. However, be advised that using Save As with linked files can actually create corruption/bloat due to multiple link paths being created IF the file is not saved back to its original name and path

Back
Top Bottom