MSI First Motherboard Brand to be Windows 10 Certified

Hi matterny,
That's not yet a given. And thanks for chiming in. I'm waiting to hear back from my son on exactly which online Games he's looking to play. From there, I'll get consensus from the rest of the guys on this thread who have built many Gaming rigs on what's necessary. Those $600+ GPU cards seem to be the high end 6GB GDDR5 cards. Depending on the Games he chooses, we might be able to go with a 4GB or 5GB GPU card (personally, I'd prefer to use GDDR5 as I read it's the best with DirectX12). If I can get a card for $300-$500 that will play the Games he wants, that would be a little more affordable for him. Of course, if a brand new game comes out in 2017 or 2018 he wants to play--that could be problem. Usually, Gaming systems are designed with the ultimate high end components so they last more than 1 or 2 years on the technology forefront.;)

Who makes the 1080 or 1070 cards? I'm not that familiar with all the GPU cards out there...

Thanks for you input.:D

Cheers,
<<<BBJ>>>

Nvidia makes them, they are a new card that is, according to some news sites, the best card out there, even comparable to a Titan x. I haven't used it, so all I am telling you is what I have heard. I was mostly just curious as to what the people on this form thought of it. It is being sold starting later this month, so you may have a wait to get it. I don't know if this fits what you wanted or if I should even be recommending this.

Last edited:
No, matterny, thanks very much for suggesting it--knowledge is Power my friend!!;) The more we all know, the more we all learn! *I think someone more famous than me said; for I am only moderately famous! :D

Appreciate it. I'm not quite ready to buy it; probably in the summer or fall. I usually purchase the Case first, and then start buying Mobos, GPU cards, etc. and see if the parts I buy will actually fit into the case I bought! hah, right?!:ohyea: So, by the time a few more months go by, you might have more information for me on how those new cards perform in some of your Customer builds.

Keep those suggestions coming! You guys are great!;)

Enjoy your weekend!\\\\\ :up:
BBJ

BBJ I would wait to see about any hardware issues the new cards might have before going with the yet released GTX series. One thing you can do is wait for just the right time, before the GTX 970- 980 series is phased out which should be near Xmas time and look for a Office Depot sale, or newegg sale to get rid of the surplus that way you get a mature powerful card, that will play any game with a very good price and wait for the second series of the new NV GPU to come out with revisions in hardware and drivers.

I bought a an EVGA 980Ti SC and gaming wise it's simply incredible. Worth every penny to me but not perhaps someone else? It took a long time to save the pennies so was particularly rewarding when I finally got my grubby little mits on the thing. :D

I bet that was crazy I don't know what you had before but I can only imagine the shock you had seeing Dying Light @ 100+ frames constant with everything pegged :D

Had a 680 before which ran Dying Light ok but the draw distance I had to reduce dramatically... I don't think the 2GB of Vram was much help lol.
I think Dying Light has some great graphics will definitely play it again.. Maybe after Witcher 3 expansion.. Hmm..

These are DX12 screenshots taken from Forza free beta available from the Store:
beta.JPG

Ultra settings

dx12 forza.jpg

forza dx12.jpg

forza.jpg

Last edited:
Back