Windows 7 MSI Installer Error?

jackfruit

I just installed Windows 7 Ultimate x64 (version 6.1 build 7600). I cannot install any software related with msi. For example, if I install Office 2007, there will be a pop up message "Setup cannot find Office.en-us\OfficeMUI.msi" and the installation has to be cancelled. Other software installation has the same issue. All of them pop up a message "Setup cannot find XXXX\YYYYY.msi". Anybody can help me with this issue?

They are usually saved to the C:\Windows\Installer folder, but on certain times the DVD is required.

They are usually saved to the C:\Windows\Installer folder, but on certain times the DVD is required.
I did use the DVD to installl Office 2007, but the error message still pops up. I can install this Office 2007 on a Windows XP without any issue.

RAK,'

Windows 7 ships with version 3.5 My mistakle, it's verson 5.0.7600.16385

But that's for Windows 7 Pro

Last edited:
I have no clue, I haven't used Office in 5 years.
This is not an Office issue. This should be a issue of Windows 7 Ultimate x64. I mentioned Office just as an example. I cannot install many other software on this fresh installed Windows 7. For example, I cannot install VMWare workstation either 6.5 or 7.0 because of this msi installer issue. I tried to copy the DVD content to local hard drive, but still get the same error message.

Check the verasion of thsi file msiexec.exe and see if it's the same version as mine

or

Found this on Technet:
Open regedit.
1. Delete the string values (Except for (Default)) in HKLM\Software\Microsoft\SQMClient\Windows\DisabledSessions
2. Start gpedit.msc
3. Expand Computer Configuration, expand Administrative Templates, expand System, expand Internet Communication Management, and then click Internet Communication settings.
4. In the details pane, double-click Turn off Windows Customer Experience Improvement Program, and then click Enabled.

Found this on Technet:
Open regedit.
1. Delete the string values (Except for (Default)) in HKLM\Software\Microsoft\SQMClient\Windows\DisabledSessions
2. Start gpedit.msc
3. Expand Computer Configuration, expand Administrative Templates, expand System, expand Internet Communication Management, and then click Internet Communication settings.
4. In the details pane, double-click Turn off Windows Customer Experience Improvement Program, and then click Enabled.

Followed the above steps, but the issue still exists, same as before.

Back