Windows 7 Multiple Display Problem

makemeegg

I just installed Windows 7 Beta. I have an old Nvidia Quadro4 380XGL video card with two VGA ports which worked with XP & Vista. When I booted up Windows 7, the display is the same on both of my monitors (cloned). I would like to extend my desktop across my second monitor. I went into display settings and there was no drop down menu for multiple monitors. Device manager shows a standard vga adapter intalled. I went to the Nvidia site and there are no Windows 7 drivers for my video card. Has anyone had a similar problem or know of any solution?

Thanks

Find the most recent drivers for vista that your card has and then install them on se7en.

I just installed Windows 7 Beta. I have an old Nvidia Quadro4 380XGL video card with two VGA ports which worked with XP & Vista. When I booted up Windows 7, the display is the same on both of my monitors (cloned). I would like to extend my desktop across my second monitor. I went into display settings and there was no drop down menu for multiple monitors. Device manager shows a standard vga adapter intalled. I went to the Nvidia site and there are no Windows 7 drivers for my video card. Has anyone had a similar problem or know of any solution?

Thanks

whats your sys config? when are you planning to build/buy a new computer?

The problem could be that W7 requires a DX9 video card, and yours is only DX8.

My W7 won't multi with my laptop LCD and my external LCD monitor. It will detect it but it won't switch over, clone, or spread.

Back