Windows 8 Nav Tips & Keyboard Shortcuts for Win8

Re: W8 Keyboard Shortcuts

My pleasure. You're very welcome. Knowing them can certainly be a big help.

Cheers,
Drew

Re: W8 Keyboard Shortcuts

Awesome list of short-cuts. I hated having to go to the side of screen to bring charm bar in every-time so I will be using that short-cut very often... Thanks very much!

Dude you are the man! I have been wanting to lock my screen without having to go to metro interface thanks again, for the short-cuts.

Allen,

You're most welcome; glad it's appreciated.

And, btw, you can, also, have an (ALL) applications window on the Taskbar. Saves changing screens to access anything (same content as WinQ). I can supply the 'How To" if you're interested.

Cheers,
Drew

Sounds interesting too me would glad to see a tutorial on that.

Doesn't really need a tutorial, Allen but, below are the instructions. I have had it in this forum for a long time but, instead of linking you to its thread...

Myself, my clients, people in MS and many in a few Tech forums find this plus, the Desktop Toolbar being used, makes things pretty sweet. Together, eliminates having to swap screens and any need for Desktop icons to be showing.

Rt Clk on your desktop > New > Shortcut.
Put this in the 'box' %windir%\explorer.exe shell:::{4234d49b-0245-4df3-b780-3893943456e1}
Name it, Applications
(Now) Open the desktop icon, probably you'll want to remove the nav tree, really no need for it in this case, select the View & Sort desired and Minimize it to the Taskbar... never close it or will have to be reconfigured from the desktop icon.... it has to be reset from that icon following a reboot.

Cheers,
Drew