Windows 7 Need feedback on a Windows networking project

FCCAGut

Honorable Member
It's sort of like Homegroup on Windows 7, minus the Microsoft limitations. It works by connecting through SSH and you build a personal space for your settings and programs and files you want to share or access remotely to others. It can be developed on using Python, C++, C#, Java, Python, VB.NET, pretty much anything today. These programs run locally on your own computer and the file system is integrated into Windows Explorer.

Unlike Homegroups, this can be seen as an alternative to websites and it's all secured and encrypted. It's a one port fits all and that port can be changed as you wish for added security. It's also designed to be portable without needing to be port forwarded by using Hamachi. You can build things from scratch like messaging services, multiplayer games, video streaming (like YouTube), etc.

I've even incorporated this network into my own business and people connect to the server anywhere in the world. It works very well for that. These are only the basic things, what we know is much MUCH more. I will post the video here if anyone's interested in this and makes a reply.

I don't know if anyone's going to reply to this or what's going to happen but whatever happens happens.
smile.gif

You lost me at SSH (it's had its day in the sun and I'm not sad to let it go) but I don't see how you put user rights into a streaming ssh and then say thats safe?
Are you just sending the files and assuming the user at the other end has a legal permission to view it or is the licence info sent as well?

Best of luck with it anyway mate.

SSH is still alive and well, used by enterprises everyday. Nothing else has replaced it in terms of security. From what I know Windows has never supported SSH and probably never will, but it supports telnet any day. NTFS has file system security and it shares permissions of users logged in that matches to that own account. It's the same as FTP, only SFTP has encryption and uses SSL (built into SSH).

I'm not the judge of what's legal or not but I do have a way to share content. It's like a website, I can go by legality but if I was to go solely on that where would we ever go to progress? By your logic I'd say you would prevent the advent of websites as well if we're calling it unsafe to access another computer on the Internet. Of course, Windows people still believe a computer is called a PC when they aren't at all personal anymore thanks to the Internet.

Back