Windows 8 NEED HELP DELETING DUPLICATE FILES - CASH PAYMENT FOR HELP

greatkid1985

Hey guys,

I need serious help… and as a token of my appreciation I will send $50 directly into the person’s paypal account that can help me with my problem

Just so you know upfront I am using Windows 8.1 Operating System

Here is my problem –in my “C: Drive” I have a folder called “PROJECTS”… which contains over 10,000 subfolders & 100,000 files (pretty much all my important work since 2005 is located in that folder)… I accidently copied&pasted an old backup from a few years ago of that same “PROJECTS” folder into that same folder on my c-drive… (now luckily I didn’t overwrite any existing files, pheww… but because the backup I copied&pasted into that folder was from a few years ago… the problem I am facing is that because I have moved a lot of folders & files around since then.. when I pasted the old backup it also pasted all the old files that were located in different folders/subfolders back then…. Now I have a lot of duplicate files located in different folders)

*Now I need to go through and delete all the old duplicate files that I accidently pasted – lucky for me I know the exact date & time of when the old files were pasted into that folder (Mon 22nd Sept 2014 @10:20pm)…. I used the “windows search function” and I located a number of duplicate files, which I definitely know are duplicate files & I want to go ahead & delete them… but all of the following fields “Date, Date-Modified, Date Last Saved, Date-Created” show older dates from years ago… the only field that I can seem to find which shows (Mon 22nd Sept 2014 @10:20pm) is “DATE-ACCESSED”

Is it safe to say that I can go ahead & delete every file that has “DATE-ACCESSED” listed as (Mon 22nd Sept 2014 @10:20pm)??
Or is their any easier/better way?

*Unfortunately I cant go to “File>Edit>Undo-Paste” because it was done a few days back… I wish I could just do that it would be so much easier

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE – would appreciate any help. Thanks

Hi

This is for free, Check out CCleaner.

https://www.piriform.com/CCLEANER

Look under Tools, File Finder.

There is a utility that will search for duplicate files.
It compares file names, creation date, file size etc. to make sure they match.
You can select the parameters to search by.

Mike

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom