Windows 7 NEED HELP! I DELETED SOMETHING I FEEL MAY HAVE BEEN IMPORTANT!

MattBChoy

Hi there,

I really need help, I may have deleted something that is important, yesterday I went into C:/Users/user/Appdata/Roaming to configure something with my Minecraft saves. After I was done Me being my stupid self thought I should delete a folder named "InstallShield" What I really want to know is did I delete something important and can i create another one. Please help, and btw I have already tried using some third party programs to try to get back the folder but I have tried three different Data Recovery programs and still could not find the folder in any of them. Please answer as soon as possible, What is the InstallShield folder for and was it important.

P.S. If you could copy and paste the directory of all of the folders in the installshield folder so I can create a new one if i have to. I'm really OCD about this and i'm stressing out.

Thanks for any help! Matt

You don't need it - it's used to build application installations and is probably just left over from something you installed.

Thanks for your reply and I just wanted to ask if you also deleted it just to feel safer with myself thanks to you again. I'm so relieved now.

Sorry about this but something came up as I was answering your question and I never got around to completing what I was saying! The data stored in Appdata relates to the applications which you have installed. This is created by installshield when the application is installed and may be used if and when you uninstall it. For this reason there is no folder you could just copy across as all are different. You may find that if and when you come to remove any of the apps which have stored data in installshield that it tells you it can't find the uninstall data but there are easy ways round this if and when the problem arises and you have no reason to worry

Back